Are you in social media branding denial? We have now reached a tipping point in this digital age where if your business is NOT in social media, your brand will be at a disadvantage. Social media for companies is not just a fad or something you assign to your summer interns, it’s a serious, active branch of marketing that needs to be approached strategically. And it’s critical to your company’s online success.
Why Social Media Branding is Essential
1. Conversation – The conversation is already out there. You’re either joining in or missing out. People are talking about your industry, sharing reviews and stating opinions. Social Media is your chance to be a part of that conversation.
2. Eyeballs – Facebook reported 618 million daily active users for December 2012. Twitter reported more than 200 million active users. YouTube has somewhere around 4 billion views per day, and Google has 135 million active users. The numbers are staggering. How can you not step onto that playing field?
3. Connection – It’s such an easy (and immediate) way to connect with your loyal fans and potential customers. Ask them for feedback, show them support and introduce them to your brand personality.
4. Support – Social Media marketing is a way to support your traditional marketing ventures. Are you running a special Valentine’s Day promotion? Display is across multiple platforms. Use Facebook to introduce new products and services. Use Twitter to start a real-time whisper campaign. The opportunities are endless.
5. Real Time – There’s a huge benefit to having access to real-time market intelligence and feedback. Act on behavioral insight immediately by delivering special offers and coupons to consumers while they’re on your website or checking in on Foursquare in your brick and mortar store.
Social Media Branding is an extremely powerful tool, and not something that should be rushed into without time to outline clear goals and objectives. Social media management companies have put a lot of time and man-hours into coming up with tried and true strategic plans for businesses needing a guide into spearheading successful social media campaigns.